China Ethernet Connect is China Unicom’s International Ethernet Private Line (IEPL) service offering. It is an enhanced international end-to-end managed bandwidth service that provides clients with dedicated point-to-point or point-to-multipoint ¹ international connectivity with a standard Ethernet interface. China Unicom initially launched its IEPL service between Mainland China and the US and Hong Kong years ago, and since then has continually enhanced the service offering to meet customer needs around the globe.
Implemented on SDH and SONET infrastructures, our IEPL service provides customers with dedicated bandwidth, a high degree of network transparency, and prompt bandwidth upgrades as required to support next generation enterprise applications.
Our service offering is scalable, supporting data rates from 4 Mbps to 100 Mbps. China Unicom’s China Ethernet Connect offering is superior to MPLS based Ethernet solutions since we can provision the service at Layer 1, with dedicated bandwidth, affording SDH Ring protection with less than 50ms switch over time, unified end-to-end management and monitoring of the circuits and 99.99% network availability.
This service is available in the 340+ PoPs covering all of Mainland China and 82 international PoPs around the globe.
Our Ethernet offerings include
Features and Benefits
- Protected Ethernet over SDH/SONET architecture
- Dedicated Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint Capacity
- Coverage in all major cities in China through our global PoPs network
- Transparent transport superior to a packet-based Ethernet solution
- Fault restoration in less than 50 ms
- Multiple speed options:
- FastE (10/100Base-T):
- 4, 6, 8, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 40, 50, and 100 Mbps
- GigE (SX/LX): 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, and 1000 Mbps
- Plug-and-Play Ethernet interface
- Standard MEF 9 and MEF 14 certifications
- 24X7X365 multilingual Global NOC & Regional Operations Centers
- Dedicated Account Management and Client Support Team
- Service Level Guarantee
- Network Performance Reports
¹ Point-to-Multipoint IEPL services in China will be fully implemented and available in the near future